Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Best news in two years!

Just received the official report back from my recent MRI on March 30th, 2007 and it said "No change in the appearance of the spiculated mass in the medial aspect of the right breast when compared to the prior studies from 2006" and then this most important sentence:

"The mass and its spiculation are compatible with the presence of a neoplasm but lack of interval growth and the progressive bright enhancement pattern favor SCAR TISSUE. There are no other suspicious finding seen in either breast"

To say that I had an emotional release from 2 years of holding my breath over this lump is an understatement. I actually received the voicemail message last night from my doctor saying "no problems at all" and of course I was surprised and shocked and happy to hear that but I had seen the MRI myself and I saw the lump still there.. it did not appear larger which I thought was good but I figured.. well it's still there...

So.. for me.. this is a victory of huge proportions and should be encouraging for all who are told they have cancer. You don't always have to take the toxic treatments. I will not stop with my new diet and lifestyle EVER because this proves that my body can handle cancer and can recover from cancer (if it ever WAS cancer in the first place)

My health regimen basically included mostly whole foods, no microwaving, no teflon, no processed food (canned or frozen) unless it is 100% organic such as Amy's. I take Juice Plus and many other whole food supplements. I take 1200 iu Vitamin D3 per day. I have been taking Artemisinin and also Laetrile but not large amounts in any way.. just regular intake. I really think the loss of 20 pounds of excess weight was a big factor and the diet that got me there is also one that discourages cancer - less meat, practically NO sugar unless from sweet vegetables. Only the very occasional desert and a small amount when I need to eat a birthday cake. I refuse most candy or deserts, never add sugar to anything and use Stevia instead.

I recently added Olive Leaf Extract which is a terrific natural antibiotic and natural anti-viral.

So ... hoping my story can encourage others to take control of their own health and don't blindly trust the conventional medicine. They have their place but it is not always the place to go FIRST. Improve your health FIRST - then if you still need help then conventional medicine may be the next step. Never choose the toxic treatments FIRST. Become educated about your health - you are your best doctor.

4 comments:

David B. said...

Thank you for posting your progress online. I am interested in alternative therapies, and have studied them for quite awhile. In fact, I just ordered the newest edition of Quillan's "Beating Cancer With Nutrition."

Congratulations on your good news!

Unknown said...

As a healthcare worker and proponent of the cut now and ask questions later contingency, I applaud your determination and success in dealing with this life threatening condition.
Congrats,
Jim

Ruthiness said...

Thank you David! I highly recommend the Quillan book because it was the foundation and probably the turning point for me and offered me a hopeful alternative to the toxic conventional treatments. You can't go wrong following his advice and there are times you need to use the "big guns" of chemo and radiation but FIRST you should get your immune system in good shape *always* before anything else.

I actually came upon that book during a power outage in my home that lasted several days. Instead of searching for information on the Internet, I was forced by the power outage to go to the book store where I found Quillan's book - perhaps it was all part of the plan - who knows?

His book helped me recognize what food was good for me and what to avoid. I made up index cards with his chart of food ratings and carried them with me..

Good luck with your own healing path! I hope to update the blog some more with more recent holistic choices I have been making that may have played a part.

Ruthiness said...

Thank you Jim! I can tell you that I faced much opposition in my decision at every turn but I also had support from people in the alternative field. Every time I went for a test to monitor it, I was faced with the same pressure to at least have it removed but I followed my instincts and trusted that I felt very healthy and was doing many things to support my health and because of that, my body would handle it.

This finally answered for me the question I held for all this time - just because I KNOW I have this lump - does it mean I have to cut it, burn it, poison it? And the answer is .. no.. But anyone else in the same place needs to know.. you must monitor it and test in all ways possible so you know exactly where you are. AMAS, CA-Profile test, Thermography, MRI even ultrasound.. can all play a safe part in knowing what you are dealing with.