Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Birth Control Pills linked to Pre-Menopausal Breast Cancer

I have seen this link before and I can tell you that yes, I took birth control pills in my 20's and early 30's. I can't tell you for how long I took them but it was in the order of years. It might have been 3 or 4 maybe and I think there were a couple of 3-4 year periods when I tried a different type. All of them made me gain weight. One made my skin go blotchy in the sun.. a weird uneven tan pattern that was not very attractive. So ultimately I stopped taking them. But perhaps I am yet another statistic pointing to the definite risks of taking birth control pills.

Here is the article.

I can also tell you that even though I kept questioning my doctors about the weight gain, they consistently denied it caused weight gain. I disagree totally because before taking them, I never had a problem with weight gain and I gained something like 20-30 pounds after taking birth control pills that I am just starting to finally lose being on this all-natural detox diet.

The last time I took a birth control pill was at least 15-20 years ago. And now I am paying a price apparently. So if you are currently taking them, be warned of this new evidence of increased incidence of "pre-menopausal" breast cancer. I am a virtual living statistic....

No comments: