Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Warning for all bloggers

Just now I received a comment from "anonymous" that contained a link to a malicious site called http://breast-cancer1.com. Do not visit this site because it is probably malicious.

I moderate all my comments and that one was rejected and I never visited the site because I did some research before I went there. It had all the indications of a lazy ass scumbag hacker because the comment was very brief and just wanted to direct people to a link.

I warn all bloggers to moderate their comments so they can verify them because had this comment been posted, my blog may have assisted this scumbag in infecting my blog visitors with whatever malicious program they intended to distribute.

If you are the scumbag hacker who left this comment, I have reported you to your Registrar, godaddy.com and I track visits so not only do I have you latitude/longitude but I have your IP address of the computer where you visited from. GoDaddy.com knows that your registrant information is also false so I expect that they will be shutting your domain down.

I like to do my part to eliminate scumbags from perpertrating exploits.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

who was the blogger with the malicious site? check it with http://www.ip-adress.com

perhaps your neighboor? ;-)

Ruthiness said...

It was some asshat in India who has bogus contact information on the domain. They apparently do not want to be contacted.

I found that they are a financial consultant company so what business do they have putting up a breast cancer site except to either make money or distribute malicious software?

I'm so tired of everyone trying to profit on breast cancer patients. Grrr