Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Breast Cancer Diagnosis Brings Serious Distress

Well hey, I've got an idea for all you breast surgeons and oncologists.. how about you not freaking use SCARE TACTICS to get women to feed into your money making cancer scam which you call treatments?

Read the full article here...

I love how they act so surprised about the effect of their SCARE TACTICS. Well from my experience alone, I can tell you, the way they handled delivering my "diagnosis" was befitting of an academy award. They expected me to cry - but I did not. I got the distinct feeling my situation was urgent and I should schedule surgery right away.

Well here I am now 4 months later, no surgery, no chemo, no radiation. So I am here to tell you in MOST cases, not all, the situation is NOT urgent. In the case of Inflammatory Breast Cancer however, it can be and you should get right on top of it. You can tell if you have that type if you have nipple inversion or pain and redness which indicates inflammation. Any kind of inflammation should be dealt with quickly.

If you are the majority who has the "ductal" type of cancer, it is a slow growing type and has only a 30% chance of becoming invasive. So you have time. But you wouldn't get that from your doctor. No.. They want to rush you right in like you are having a heart attack.

I defintely think July was a difficult month for me because of that diagnosis. I have had the lump since November, 2005. But once I got the "diagnosis" from getting the MRI, suddenly I had to contend with feelings of fear over what to do about it, which were exacerbated by the urgency I got from ALL of my doctors. My internist recommended a full mastectomy as the best course of action.. He is no longer my doctor by the way.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The Cancer Profile (CA Profile) can foretell a developing cancer years before a traditional diagnosis can be made. It is based on detectable biochemical changes carried by the blood. For breast cancer, already pathologically diagnosed cancers will give positive results in up to 92% of all cases tested. However, tha tests are not site/tissue/organ type specific. Follow-up exams can indicate the success of a certain therapy employed. We, at American Metabolic Laboratories, are proud of our pioneering status of non-invasive early cancer detection by clinical laboratory testing. You are welcome to contact the Laboratory and Dr. Schandl himself with any questions you may have at 954.929.4814.