Monday, September 04, 2006

Updates to my health strategy

I wanted to update some of the things I am doing in addition to the basic plan I started out with.
I have added the following supplements to my regimen:

AHCC
NAC
Wobenzym


I have modified slightly my morning health shake made in the Vita Mix blender also:

1/2 cup unsweetened soy milk (westsoy)
1/4 cup plain lowfat organic yogurt
1/2 cup blueberries or raspberries
1 whole apple peeled and cored
1/4 cup ground flax meal
1 TBSP high lignan flax oil
1 TBSP bee pollen
1/2 tsp pure Stevia (KAL)
1 tsp natural vanilla extract
1 scoop Alive Whole Food Energizer powder

occasionally I add a banana to the mix also...

My evening supplement regimen is currently - just before bedtime:

1 3mg Melatonin tablet
1 Valerian capsule

1 Artemix (3 different compounds of Artemisinin)
1 FeoSol (ferrous sulfate Iron)
1 FloraSmart ProBiotic (billions of friendly intestinal bacteria)
1 Conjugated Lineolic Acid capsule

I take no anti-oxidants at bedtime to maximize the cancer-oxidizing effect of Artemisinin.
In the morning, I resume the anti-oxidants again to clear up the free radicals created by the destruction of cancer cells by Artemisinin. This is of course not proven yet but strong research supports this method of treatment for cancer.

I drink at least 10 8oz glasses of water with lemon juice per day and I drink white tea with blueberry or green tea during the day.

I eat raw vegetables or make a raw vegetable shake at least once a day and for meat I only consume some fish (sushi, cooked salmon or halibut), occasionally some organic chicken or turkey. I occasionally use organic cheese in small amounts or rice cheese (which is pretty tasty for a cheese replacement). I use brown rice crackers if I snack on hummus. I eat raw Brazil nuts, macadamia nuts, almonds as a snack.

What I have eliminated from my life

teflon cookware (stainless steel and cast iron only)
microwave cooking or reheating
junk food
pizza
desserts or sweets of any kind
refined sugar of any form (only fruit sugar from fruit or Stevia)
MSG
aspartame or any artificial sweeteners
white bread/rice/pasta/potatoes
drinking water with fluoride or chlorine (use Aquasana tap filter)
hydrogenated fats - trans fats (only canola, olive or coconut oil)
dairy except for a small amount of organic cheese or lowfat organic yogurt
Television, movies, commercials (was avid movie watcher prior to this)

Most people would feel this is a terrible hardship and they could never give up their favorite food. For me it was cheese and pizza. I loved those two things and would overeat cheese very easily. I would look forward to the treat of having a pizza now and then. I don't miss the greasy pizza crap I used to eat now and I have zero cravings for desserts or cheese or junk food. Once you get going on eating this way, I believe your body gets retrained and starts to seek out the food that is good for us vs the junk food.

You might wonder - how do I reheat or cook frozen foods? I got a convection oven that I just love. I pop the few frozen foods that have all natural ingredients, into a ceramic dish and cook in the convection oven. It takes a little bit longer but I don't end up with food that is overcooked or dried out or burns me when I try to eat it either. All frozen foods provide instructions for heating without a microwave. Many will say you can put the plastic food container into the oven but I want no part of that. I have to wonder what plastic particles leach into the food with heat.

I have recently added the last line to "what I have eliminated" because I keep remembering changes I made which have not been sudden but more gradual and one of those is the gradual reduction of watching television until eventually I no longer *ever* watch television unless I am forced to watch it by either sitting in a waiting room or someone else's home. I want NO parts of commercials or advertisements that bombard me with their JUNK thinking. Most commercials are trying to show you how you need their product because without it you are not pretty or popular enough. I don't watch television news, I don't read newspapers. I select what I want to read on the Internet and there is plenty of current information there but I don't have it shoved down my THROAT. There is some television programming that is good like what you find on Discovery Channel or another educational channel but since they are sandwiched in advertisements, I no longer choose to subject myself to them either.

I have chosen Sirius Satellite Radio for my music and it is commercial free for the music and on the other channels (non-music) there are commercials but you can *avoid* them because what is playing is always displayed on the screen. When I see the programming is back and the commercial is over I turn the volume back up. I am actually physically repulsed when I hear commercials now and it makes me feel poisoned.

The passive watching of television is a BIG part of what is wrong in this country. It generates a bunch of passive stimulation junkies who don't know how to get up off their butts and do something useful. They just want to sit there and be entertained - and not have to participate.

I also have not been seeing movies, either rented or at the movies. I used to enjoy this but finally realized all movie entertainment has an agenda and something they are trying to pedal to you, the movie watcher, whether it be a political slant or perhaps they just want to scare you and put fear in your mind. I really don't want anyone in my mind making me think in any particular way so I have found that I really don't need passive entertainment. I would much rather read a book now or find some interesting topics on the Internet.



No comments: