Thursday, September 28, 2006

NYC may ban hydrogenated oils in restaurants

Wow an amazing trend that I hope continues! Read about it here .

So far it's been difficult for me to consider eating out since most food in restaurants because they use flavor enhancers (MSG) and hydrogenated oils and way too much sugar in any sauce. If this trend continues I will have an easier time eating out that is for sure. Right now I stick to plain broiled or baked meats - no sauces and a vegetable.. not even rice. That I feel is the safest thing to eat at a restaurant. However, I have cut WAY down on animal fats at all so I really don't have much else to eat in a restaurant in that case except a salad but the dressings they might provide will have sugar and hydrogenated fat.

I know some of you reading this might think - what's ONE meal with that stuff once in a while? Well I am not interested in letting my guard down even for ONE meal. It's a bit of work to think about everything that I eat compared to the mindless and carefree eating I did before but I think that is worth the trouble to have superior quality of life, which is what I get from avoiding the toxic crap in food.

No comments: