Sunday, October 01, 2006

New products added to my health regimen

In additon to my earlier supplement protocol I have added B17 otherwise known as Laetrile, to my regimen. You can order it at ApricotPower.com I received 1 bottle of 500mg powder in capsules as well as a 2lb bag of Apricot Kernels. I ground the kernels in my coffee mill and store in a jar in my refrigerator. I take the kernel powder in my morning health shake. The apricot kernel meal is a little bitter so you really don't want to sprinkle it on your cereal.

The misinformation that is out there about Laetrile tries to scare people that it can be toxic and creates cyanide. However, for cancer patients, most of them receive 20 GRAMS or more of Laetrile via slow drip IV daily for around 20 days without any cyanide poisoning. The cyanide is created ONLY in the cancer cells and that is what kills the cancer cells. The Apricot Power site gives some recommendations about how much to take as well as this site - WorldWithoutCancer.org

On the WorldWithoutCancer.org site, you can find guidelines for taking it orally as a cancer patient. For the most serious cases, it is recommended to get the highest doses via IV and to do that, you have to go to Mexico or other countries that allow it's use. The U.S has banned dispensing it inside the US which is a total crime against the population of the United States. Their reason for banning it is BOGUS. Thank GOD you can buy it online but I don't know if that will always be the case since there is a HUGE movement to block it in the conventional medicine/pharma institutions in this country who don't wish to have a cancer cure that cannot be patented (aka natural).

Several of my recently purchased books discuss the Laetrile controversy and the science behind it and I list them in recent posts. The most notable is of course the book World Without Cancer by G Edward Griffin.

I am taking 1-2 tablets with each meal currently and about 2 TBSP of the ground powder with my morning shakes.

Unfortunately, since I am doing many things to fight this breast cancer lump, I will never know what was most effective. However, I believe all of the things I am doing will get rid of it.

Probably the most important change I have made involves avoidance of ingested artificial anything and change to total veg/fruit/whole grain diet. Very little animal protein or fats - probably about 5-10% of my daily intake at the most. No sugar except from fruit. No processed food of ANY kind and no ingredients in my food that are not ALL natural and that includes no hydrolyzed soy protein and yeast extracts - all hidden MSG products and found in MANY organic or supposedly healthy products.

I continue to lose about 1 pound a week with my diet changes. I would be happy to ultimately get back to upper 130's for normal weight and I fully expect to achieve that. I have been upper 150's for at least 15 years now and it has not been optimal for me. I believe that birth control pills taken in my 20's and early 30's contributed to abnormal weight gain as well as the use of diet products that actually PROMOTED weight gain. Yes! That is the sad irony. Artificial sweeteners actually make it HARDER to lose weight! What a SCAM!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ruth,
how long have you been taking the 2
tablespoons of apricot seed powder,
when did you start. Have you noticed any difference in your well being from the intake of the seeds. email me at lizmerrill@aol.com

Liz