Monday, October 23, 2006

Lose the FAT to fight cancer

Not only should you cut out animal fat you eat, but you need to lose the fat you are carrying around if you want to fight cancer. This is good news for me since I have dropped about 10 pounds with more dropping each week from my new diet of healthy foods. I figure I was carrying around about 20-30 pounds I could do without to get to a normal weight. Nothing I did before this every made the scale budge more than a pound or two. My past efforts included diet drinks, and some lowfat foods that might have been mostly chemical - certainly not natural by any means. I never ate red meat or very rarely.. mostly chicken, turkey etc. But now I am mostly eating vegetables, fruits, non-dairy and a little fish.

Here is an article on this that illustrates a study with lean mice and their ability to fight cancer...

No comments: