Saturday, October 21, 2006

Watch out for Organic Fakes

Apparently the consumer demand for organic has created some not so honest organic food producers who label their foods as organic but the source of the food is not necessarily what you would expect.

View this Dr Mercola video on the subject and become an informed consumer

Also see this link on mercola.com to how to find locally produced organic food in your area:


I for one, am disappointed to find out that Stonyfield Farms Organic Yogurt is not really what I thought it was and not particularly healthy. I was using that in my health shakes and I will promptly throw it right out now that I know the truth.

Very sad when you cannot trust food labels. Not only do I need to read the labels, but now I have to do additional research before I even go to the grocery store. Pretty irritating.

No comments: